It has come to our attention that there is ongoing scam activity that is directly targeting you. These scams may involve an imposter posing as a member of the Publisher’s Clearing House, a cold call from an imposter pretending to call from our main telephone number, or a scam text message asking if you authorized a large withdrawal from your account. Please click “Read More” to read the rest of this notice.
Four Seasons Federal Credit Union will only contact you regarding a large withdrawal from your account when you have made a large retail purchase or ATM withdrawal using your Four Seasons Federal Credit Union VISA Debit Card that you normally do not make. Our Fraud Department does not contact you in the event a withdrawal was authorized using your account and routing number. Furthermore, Four Seasons Federal Credit Union DOES NOT contact its members via text message under any circumstance, save for text messages sent when you have opted into text message authentication within NexGen Online Banking and NexGen Mobile Banking, as well as when you have set your cell phone number as your primary Zelle™ contact.
The imposters typically mask their caller ID to make the call appear as if it is coming from our primary telephone number, (334) 745-4711. However, this is only a ruse to make the scam appear as if it is a legitimate telephone call or text message. If you receive one of these calls, there are two easy ways to determine if the call is legitimate:
- Ask for a staff member: We are a small, local credit union with only two branches in the Opelika, Alabama area. If you visit our branches often, then you’ll know most of our staff by name as well as what their voices sound like. If the caller on the other end refuses to transfer the call, or the person they “transfer” to does not sound familiar, it is a clear sign of a scam.
- Note the date and time: Our phones are live Monday – Friday, and staff are answering the phones Monday – Tuesday, 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM, Wednesday 9:00 AM to 12:00 PM, Thursday and Friday 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM. Although we run our drive-thrus on Saturday, we do not take calls on Saturday whatsoever, and we are closed every Sunday as well as every Federal holiday. While our Fraud Department operates around the clock, they will call from the telephone number listed on the back of your Four Seasons Federal Credit Union VISA Debit Card, and will not call from our main telephone number. If you receive a call from (334) 745-4711 outside of our telephone hours, you should assume that the call is a scam.
In the event you are not sure about a call or text message you have received, or you have fallen victim to one of these scams, we encourage you to contact us as soon as possible via telephone or email.
Should you receive a scam text message or phone call, we also encourage you to contact the following authorities so that they can take the appropriate action against the imposters:
- Local Law Enforcement
- Federal Communications Commission: Report a Telephone Complaint
- Federal Bureau of Investigation Internet Crime Complaint Center (IC3)
You should also contact your telephone carrier so that they can better train their scam-detecting systems. The abuse pages for common mobile carriers can be found at:
- T-Mobile / Sprint
- Verizon Wireless
- Boost Mobile or call (866) 402-7366
- TracFone / SIMple Mobile
These carriers are the most common mobile carriers in use around the Lee County, Alabama area. Your carrier may not be listed.